When Carl Froch won his 3 World Titles
Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:48 AM
Now that is some list to win 3 world titles against especially when in 2 of them Froch was the underdog (Abraham , Bute). I think even against Pascal both were around even money.
Froch is a credit to the sport but especially here in the UK where finally he is getting the widespread recognition.
To also think that Froch could potentially fight Kessler again then if he wins Bute in Canada just shows that Froch is the type of fighter that IF many were like him....the sport would be in a better place.
I personally think he will win a close decision vs Kessler and will again KO Bute in Canada although later in the fight. After that i know it would be hard to retire at the top of his game BUT Froch really even right now has nothing to prove...ONLY a fight for a title at 175 could be the swansong that this warrior bows out as a 4 time 2 weight world champion.
How do you rate Froch's 3 title winning efforts
1. Pascal - excellent war with 2 young up and coming world class fighters teeing off for 12 rounds , the fact that Pascal has went to to win a world title makes Froch win look better.
2. Abraham - Froch was not expected to win especially as he was AWAY in Finland for this fight , Totally dominated Abraham basically winning every round , the nature of this beating was shocking to many.
3. Bute - i dont think i read anybody saying that Froch would destroy this undefeated champion early , but that what he did. I tought Froch would win on points as Bute was untested against the elite of 168..i did think it would be close though 116-112 or 115-113 like scores. To destroy him in 5 was i think Froch best performance of his career.
my new blog collecting the boxing scores from the best boxing websites
Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:51 AM
Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:54 PM
Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:07 AM
hopefully froch-kessler 2 can be made now
Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:50 PM
Froch vs DeGale or Groves is fine, IMO.
Froch vs Dirrell II ought to happen too.
Froch vs Cloud would be a fun circus at least in the lead up.
Froch vs Calzaghe in a comeback fight would be a major spectacle.
Froch pretty much can fight anyone and ya gotta just tune in!
Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:38 PM
1. Pascal - I thought was a great fight between two guys in their first World level fight. Considering what Pascal when on to accomplish, this win looks even better now.
2. Abraham - Froch was expected to have his head knocked off. That was what the bookies thought and that is what most fans thought. What actually happened was Froch boxed his head off for the whole 12 rounds. Some people might say that Dirrell had "softened" AA up for Froch but i totally disagree. Dirrell was being bashed about by AA towards the end of their bout and AA was heading for a late TKO (i actually think Dirrell would have still held on for the decision win). But, it goes to show, even in defeat AA never just gave up. Yet Froch boxed the head off of that never-say-die AA.
3. Bute - It's easy to say now that Froch was going to knock Bute out etc but if that's the case then why don't those gloaters all take up gambling or prediction leagues? They'd make a fortune. Most people, especially the bookies, had Bute to beat Froch comfortably. Nobody expected Froch to batter him so early on.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users